RE: Gallery

Well only one other shot turned out and its a 3/4 shot I intended to give to the owner of the cars as a 'before' shot since he intends to rebuild both trucks....and a Jeep...and a few bikes.....etc. I have a feeling that, like my Uncle's pipe organ that has been sitting in storage since he bought it 10 years ago, these vehicles will never again see the road.

> Do you have your own darkroom?

I've got 2! The bathroom/darkroom I use to develop film and the playroom/darkroom I use to print. Actually its a 3 ft. x 3 ft. cubby hole of the playroom. The printing area is fun because I get to run the toy gauntlet after each print to take it to the laundry room/print washing area.

> I took a shot of an old car's fender, solarized it and hand
> colored the
> resulting photograph.  It was really fun to work with and the
> metal of the
> car made a great subject for solarization..  I thought you
> might want to try
> it.

I accidentally solarized a 4x5 negative when I hit the light switch instead of the fan switch during development. To be honest though, my printing skills are so rudimentary that I am not yet through my first package of paper. Getting an image is still a challenge for me but in time I'll take you up on your suggestions.

I agree though the shapes and specially rusted shapes of old cars are fabulous. I love the red of rust but it also looks great in black & white where the texture really comes out.

Greg