key word search (was archival cd storage)

Colleagues,

A few months ago this topic was discussed re ways to store CD indexes. Using
key words was overlooked at the time. I have been getting by fairly well
with searching for file names in a master CD index (use Advanced Directory
Printer or equiv.). My naming system is rather cryptic and leaves me stumped
sometimes. I would have been way ahead of the game if I'd used key words at
the begining of my image archiving binge.

Christianne mentioned the PS File Info feature (raise your hand if you
completely ignored it before now like I did!). I didn't find a way to use
the information as a global key word search even if all the .FFO files for
all the images were in one place. The FFO's aren't readable as text and
don't link to their source image file.  An alternative is to simply put key
words with each entry in the CD's directory index:

When a new image is saved on a CD save or up-date the CD directory with ADP.

Open the ADP directory in Notepad and add the key words after the new entry.

This method is probably as easy as anything available once it is in place.

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book.
http://www.panoramacamera.us