Archival CD strorage

I did a show recently about another topic. One of the guests talked about CD
archival storage and that the Library of Congress had found some data being
lost on CDs after 15 years. I'm talking about two years ago, and that at
that time gold plated CDs were considered the best for archival storage.

Has this topic been discussed here, and is there a consensus for archival
storage on CDs?

Take care,
Gregory david Stempel
FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g