Brief Comments

at: http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html

Lawrence Smith - 3. Nice to look at this minimalist statement of fishing
life.  Great sense of peace and isolation.

Dan Mitchel - Study in blue and yellow. Reminds me of the times I lived
in a similar place.
This is another image that even in the absence of people says much about
the way of life and the environment.

Christiane Roh - Champery, October 2002. Another "atmosphere"
photograph. I can relate to this as well. Am a bit disturbed at lack of
a "bottom" to the scene. The court surface just does not do it enough
for me.

Mario Filipe Pires  - Bosh visions. Hmmm. I guess you had to be there or
know what this is about. Seems like a puppet show of some kind. I just
can't connect with image maybe because of ignorance of the theme.

Don Roberts - Bass Man. Too many rules broken for my "taste"!! Too many
competing elements and too obscure a situation for me. It does not
"resonate" like a bass should ... to me.

Guy Glorieux - The angel. Personal bias enters here also. I have yet to
find a photograph of a cemetery monument or scene that does anything for
me.

Richard Cooper - Kids. Cute. Personal bias again .. I don't relate to
oval cropping most of the time and not sure there is a compelling reason
to use here.

Alan Zinn - All Andy's fault. Wow! i did not know I was the cause of
your affliction, Alan.
I am glad to see that over time you managed to bring it under control.
>From weirdness sometimes comes sanity. Time, it is all about time!

Pini Vollach - Potuoshan. Probably was a lot more interesting to be
there than this rendition of the place indicates to me. The photograph
lacks some raison d'etre for me.

Scott Thurmond - Mt. Hope Chapel. Too confusing in my opinion. The split
subject does not help. Is it the chapel or the fountain that is
important? One subject blends or runs into the other. Too many competing
details.

Jim Davis - nice, clean landscape photograph. Unfortunately I don't know
what to make of it. Sure, fall colors are evident ... but am not sure
what the bridge adds to scene.

well, take care and see you next week.

Andy