> Re: a carton carry on zone ruller . . . better between the ears

The ruler at that sight is not that accurate.  For example, you get texture
at Zone VIII . . . .   But, I only quote the teacher and use my own
experience.

The only rule with the Zone system to remember, expecially with modern
films, is to know the lattitude of exposure to capture is two stops under
and three stops over.  Within that five stops range, you can print what you
measure.

With hard work, lots of finite techniques, most of us can get a larger
range.

Quote Morely Baer:  Expose for the shadows, print for the high lights.  From
Ansel:  All the tones shift by 10% in every straight print.  From Al Weber:
When making a print, you have to make choices.  From David Vestal:  Some
people can live with empty dark shadow areas in a print.

Strive for perfection, settle for excellence; and only work when the pain of
not doing it exceeds the pain of doing it.

Steve Shapiro, Carmel, CA