Re: Virus alert and what to do

John Landvogt <johnel@netlink.com.au> writes:

[snip]

First, please understand I do not blame you, except for violating the
list guidelines, which say "DO NOT POST 'virus warnings'". This, you may
find it hard to believe means, "DO NOT POST 'virus warnings'". It does
not mean "DO NOT POST 'virus warnings', except if you have a 'virus warning',
post it urgently."

All of this talk of "address books" would only apply to Micro$oftvictims
using Outlook Express. ... but isn't this another hoax?

There is only one sensible piece of advice here: NEVER, NEVER, trust one
of these "virus warnings".

> I have reason to believe that via my address book you may have received a virus.

No you don't. You are passing on a message someone else sent you. You
have not taken the most elementary step, which is to go to google.com
and type "jdbgmgr hoax" into the search box. Thus wasting everyone's
time, and possibly causing more victims of this nonsense.

> I found it on my system tonight.

Yes, when you do the google search on "jdbgmgr hoax" you'll probably
find instructions on what to do now.

Brian Chandler
geo://Sano.Japan.Planet_3
Jigsaw puzzles from Japan at: