Re: Pricing..........

Russ,

12 in 1966, lets see I was.... 13, so that makes us
25 now  :  )

In the past I had photographed rock bands for many, many years.
Local bands, local musicians, artists.
B/W silver prints, studio or location.

You could do better service to our craft by increasing the sitting fee
to 150.00 for individuals, and discounting
from there  (as I know
you will need to do).

I assume these head shots
take a while as the right expressions are
so very important. Also I assume you are using
strobes.

Myself I would
charge 50.00 for a bottom
discounted fee for the session. (I figure one hour time for
set up, planning and shooting in the 50.00)

B/W film, processing and proof sheet 17.50 per roll.
Then I would charge a first print price
for each 8x10 pose --minimum 20.00,
with additional prints
of lots of ten, twenty five, at a lower price as you are comfortable
with.
IMHO we need to get paid for that first custom silver print. The one
print
can be reproduced on flyers, business cards etc., you deserve the money.

Hope this helps.  Looks like PF is giving great response to your post!

-Bobbie

I do Photography as a business, but as a sideline
to my regular job as a Dark Room Lab Tech at
a Document Management Co.

I can use floor space where my day job is after
hours (nights and weekends) for my studio space.

I have my own dark room on the premises""