Re: Pricing..........

I charge $125 to shoot a single subject (child, adult, pet) 24 exposures.
For that money the client receives 5x7 black and white prints (proofs) which
are theirs to keep. I up it by $25 for every additional pet/child/adult
added. Typically a shoot takes anywhere from 30 minutes (pets) to an hour
(kids). On the occasion where I do a family portrait I always ask the ages
of the youngest members. If no one is under 8 I charge $175. If anyone is
under 8 I charge $200. If several are under 8 I up it depending on my mood
and how well I know the family.

I charge $200 an hour for weddings with a 2 hour, paid up front minimum.
They receive the proofs in a little album for that price.

My reprint prices are as follows:
4x6 color-$6
4x6 bw-I don't offer this
5x7 color-$12
5x7 bw-$16
8x10 color-$24
8x10 bw-$45

I find my prices are low enough to get nice reprint orders but high enough
to look professional. I do my own bw printing and use a lab for my color
work.

Russ, I would encourage you to charge more for your sitting fee. When doing
portrait work, that's the only money that is GUARANTEED. Reprints are nice
when they happen, but they don't always happen. Have that sitting fee high
enough to cover your time and materials in the event they never order
another print.

My 2 cents worth.
Lea