From: David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b@dd-b.net>
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu>
Subject: Re: Pricing..........
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 12:49:14 -0600

Ernst-Ulrich Schafer <ernstphoto@msn.com> writes:

> One of the best High School Senior Photographers in the country is
> Fuzzy Duenkel, check out his website:
> www.duenkel.com and look at his pricing. Now he's at the high end of
> senior portraiture but you'll understand my thoughts. Another place
> to visit and learn more about pricing is www.pro4um.com

Pretty darned confusing pricing. Session fee of $75 for engagement or
glamour portraits, $75 for family portraits, but $350 for high school
seniors? I know high school kids can be a lot of trouble, but this
looks batty. (Not that $350 is necessarily too high, but that the
divergence is so large. $75 looks rather too *low* especially for
location work, to me, if the pricing model is that the session fee
should cover the basic time and expenses.)

On the other hand, the photos he displays cover a *wide* range and are
generally very nice indeed.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b@dd-b.net / http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/
John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net