Re: Global Health Council's Photography Contest - ANNOUNCEMENT FYI

> Yea, kind of like giving to the Red Cross, United Way, etc.. What's
to gain
> from that?

> AZ

Interesting point ...
... indeed, I do give to charities ... some of them.

But you have to be careful these days - some charities have VERY high
overheads, the execs are paid a fortune, travel first class, stay in
top-notch hotels etc etc etc.  The fraction of donations that ends up
doing good is hard to elicit.

But on another side, the charitable trusts have to pay thier plumber,
thier taxi drivers, thier advertising agencies etc etc. Why should
photographers be treated any different than any other tradesman ?
(Unless they are an artiste of course).    It would cause me no
problem at all if they were not hiding behind the "competition" ... if
the call was for free (donated) images for thier fund-raising campaign
there would be no complaint from me.

It's not a competition:  there is no prize.
It's a scam.