Re: PF Galleries on Nov. 4, 2002

ADavidhazy <ANDPPH@ritvax.isc.rit.edu> writes:

> The PhotoForum member's gallery/exhibit space was updated NOV-04-02. Authors
> with work now on display at http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

Lots of interest there. Well, I'm not 100% sure what Bob Talbot's
messing at - is there a message here?? [Pun: goddit?]

Anyway, just my pic of the week: Greg's Siesta. Colour is such difficult
stuff, because it can so easily distract or start internal arguments, in
a way I don't think monochrome can, but when it comes out just right (as
here!) it's great. The gorgeous dappled texture of the hat and the
background is just _so_ photographic (if you know what I mean). Reminds
me of my favourite Akasegawa Genpei photo. Only a very slight niggle: I
wish I could see just a smidgen of the right eye.

My encylopedic ignorance encompasses a lot, including almost the entire
works of Manuel Bravo, so I don't understand any specific references in
Jeff's "Homage", though it is a wonderfully atmospheric use of space.
Somehow that's very typically photographic, although I can't really see
why one couldn't paint space as easily as photographing it. Perhaps
that's related to the fact that (IIRC) Jeff remarked once that he wished
he could paint.

Oh well, some of us contribut little, but get a lot from this gallery.
Please keep 'em coming!

Thanks
Brian Chandler
geo://Sano.Japan.Planet_3