Gallery Impressions 28 Oct 02

Here ye shall find my impressions,
for this week's rotating gallery session.

http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html

Christiane Roh (Lausanne, Pl. de la Riponne, aot 2002) -

Three children sit, easily amused.
Females unshorn; the male in shoes.
At such a young age,
are they aware
that gender dictates
the direction they stare?

Richard Cooper (Take Cover) -

The wee red light
stares at me.
Blinking, blinking, endlessly.
Skies grow angry o'er the sea.
I've no more Prozac.
Pity me.

King/Arthur (WOLs 4: The family) -

Full of holes and incomplete.
Text and image should be discreet.
Joined together like ads on TV,
this kind of thing doesn't interest me.

Guy Glorieux (Montreal - Lachine Canal) -

Light is black and dark is white.
Is it day,
or is it night?
I can't get balanced but its not the light.
Seems everything leans to the left
AND the right!

Christopher Strevens, LRPS (Mother and Child) -

So much color but its not too late
to find out how to desaturate!
Tension abounds from diagonal lines,
that slice and hack into my mind.
For blur, I prefer, a warm, gauss Ian glow.
Sometimes a blurred picture has just got to go.

jIMMY Harris (bMimosa Tree) -

In lovely light grows the bMamosa tree.
Whose bean pods appear to outgrow its leaves.
A mottled mixture of brown, blue, and green,
with the smaller pods looking quite phallic to me.
In order to pronounce it properly,
one must remember to silence the 'b'.

Peeter Vissak (Behind the corner of the Columns) -

Beyond the black shadows,
just over the wall,
are promise and light.
But not for all.

On this side we live
in contrast obscene.
Perspective disjointed
in a flat puzzle scene.

Our one source of light,
hangs o'er Avvenire
but stays not the night,
long ago ceased to fire.

Bob Talbot (Lion number two) -

A lady?
Perhaps to her friends in the pride.
But to me, she should take
such actions inside.

Although its all natural,
and done by us all,
I prefer bowel movements,
to be done in a stall.

Dan Mitchell (F7) -

Blue is as blue,
as blue can be,
and the color of choice
for the deep, blue sea.

But sliced up by white,
most expertly,
with a touch of brown diagonally,
is an effective way,
of pleasing me.

Emily L. Ferguson (Tihonet Pond moment) -

Auburn leaves and an azure sky,
reflect in the pond as my boat drifts by.
Abstract shapes and nothing more,
but a very strong feeling I've seen this before.

Andrew Davidhazy -

A very large scanner or a very small girl,
solarized and pressed like a road-kill squirrel.
The shape of the torso, the hand under breasts,
the frame of the print upon which she rests,
flesh in smooth outline contrasts rough frame,
a figure, not a person with a soul, a name.

A dance cut short or perhaps a fall,
immortalized on paper for viewing by all.
I like this image for all of these reasons
but I fear,
my poor dear,
your head's losing adhesion.

Thanks to all this week's photographers.
Greg Fraser
http://users.imag.net/~lon2251/Gallery