Re: PF Exhibits on 19-OCT-02

In a message dated 10/19/2002 1:51:09 PM Central Daylight Time, BobTalbot@st-abbs.fsnet.co.uk writes:

jIMMY Harris - Colorado Camp Fire
Stunning.

I've been meaning to photograph fires to get JUST exactly this sort of
effect, the play of the flames around sticks.
It almost looks like a composite (double exposure).
The blue cast on the background - is that the sky or an artefact of
scanning?
What time of day?  Dark night ot dusk?

Thanks BOB,

We are about 10,000 feet, in the Rocky Mountains (timber line) where trees stop growing. This was taken very early in the morning and the Sun has just caught the tip of our camp(fire).  Our COLD World is just waking up but most of this mountain top is  still painted in a -High altitude UV Blue-!

Moments later- the entire Rocky Mountain Range -Lights Up- & from Our vantage point We can SEE for (hundreds of) Miles!

Then- it starts Snowing -Like Crazy-!  Oh Well - at least we got our Coffee!

jIMMY