calibrating the screen without a spyder

well, my brand new screen is coming tomorrow, but it seems impossible to
gind the special calibrating device, so i'll have to work a method of my
own.
first i intend to open a blank notepad document, and compose a photoshop
grey background (128% of red, green and blue). i guess these will have to be
matching my Kodak grey card sides, otherwise i will be adjusting screen RGB
channels
secondly, i will be using an on-line screen calibration guide like the one
in:
http://www.artzone.gr/zon_cal.htm

but the issue is, how do i calibrate for colors?

cheers, kostas

so... no matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the
other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography/home.htm
'COS SOMETIMES IT IS BETTER WITH CLENCHED TEETH!