Re: PF Gallery reviews (Alan and Bob T)

> Nice to see more reviews appearing on the list,
> recently.  Many thanks to those who take the time.
Yes, it does take time.
To do the 12 images justice takes me well over an hour.
Quickie "reviews" like the one this week still took over 30 min and
result in short disjointed comments - first thing that comes to mind.
There's no great reward in doing them ... but it's the spin-off
discussions that give it some meaning ...

> Bob T writes:
> >John Mason - Blue: Delmar Boulevard, St. Louis
> >Decided to call this my "Pick of the Week".
> Giveth with one hand.  (Thanks, btw.)
>
> >It's the sort of shot I should not like - camera club
> >fare.
> And taketh with the other.  (Camera club.  Ouch!)

I won't retract it but maybe some explanation.

For camera club picture read "photographer's picture".  The sort of
image if I showed mum she would ask "why did you take that?".  Normal
people want to see people / places.  Pictures "like this" are just
picture.

Camera club is not from me an insult either.  I'm a regular member of
my local club and enjoy the weekly meetings - heck, where else can you
find 60 other people that actually want to look at your slides !!!!!
It's both a social thing and a place to get ideas - show pictures and
argue about which works - bit like PF without all the aggro ;o)

I don't always state a "Pick of the Week" ...

Bob T
"The concrete looks so colourful but then the acid doesn't last"