Re: PF Gallery reviews (Alan and Bob T)

Nice to see more reviews appearing on the list,
recently.  Many thanks to those who take the time.

Alan writes:

>John Mason - Blue: Delmar Boulevard, St. Louis
>I'm a sucker for banal shots of cars these days...

Banal?  Humm...  I thought of it as a deadpan pic of
the beauty inherent in the quotidian.  But seriously,
it's nice to know that you got what I was trying to
do.

>so I would probably like this even without the
stripe,
>and the reflection of the stripe running down the
>window, over the hood, even on to the bumper.

Thanks much.

Bob T writes:

>John Mason - Blue: Delmar Boulevard, St. Louis
>Decided to call this my "Pick of the Week".

Giveth with one hand.  (Thanks, btw.)

>It's the sort of shot I should not like - camera club

>fare.

And taketh with the other.  (Camera club.  Ouch!)

>But this one works for me on several levels.  The
>shadow on the wall, the coloured stripes, the
>reflection of the stripes on the boot, the shadow on
>the car.

Thanks, again.  The blues and the stripes stopped me
as I was walking down the street (quite depressed,
actually--my car was in the shop with a blown up
transmission and my roadtrip seemed to have gone up in
smoke).

>If I had a question it would concern where the
stripes
>intersect with the hood: would it have been better if

>the photographer was a foot taller?

I wanted lots of car in the pic, especially the
bulbous fender, so this 6'1" shutterbug was kneeling.

--John