Re: Kodak Carousel 4400 Projector

"Elson T. Elizaga" <nazca@cdo.weblinq.com> writes:

> 2) The carousel has 140 slots, and each slot is too narrow for Tecnodia
> slide mounts to pass through. Is there a carousel with lesser number of
> slots, or wider slots, for this projector?

The normal tray is an 80 slot tray.  The 140 slot version is a special
high-density tray that only works with cardboard and very thin plastic
mounts, and doesn't work with versions of the projectors with arc
lights (because the blast of cooling air in those is so strong the
slides can't drop in the narrow slots).

There's also a stack loader available, useful for previewing and such,
but not IMHO suitable for real presentations.

> 3) Can the bulb be replaced by one with low or higher wattage? [I don't
> know the wattage of the one I have.]

I don't think of the bulb as being something you get a choice about;
I'd at least be very careful with a brighter one, because the big
problem in projector design is heat control and protecting the slide.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b@dd-b.net  /  http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net