RE: Taking a look at the Gallery

I think humor in relation to art is vital. People get so serious
about the stuff.

I was at the Museum of Modern Art a couple of year sago and there was
an exhibit by an artist (whose name escapes me) which consisted of
fake primitive art based on imprints of various brands of irons and
ironing boards. It was all set up with elaborately printed labels
discussing the differences between the presto and sunbeam totems and
so on and so forth. It was really pretty funny. So there I was,
walking around the room chortling here, guffawing there, and I
noticed that everybody else was being very quiet and serious. That's
when it started getting really funny...

There's insight that comes through humor that you can't get any other way.

At 2:57 PM -0400 10/1/02, Gregory Fraser wrote:
>Alan thanks for the comment. I usually figure my attempts at funnier
>reviews will offend the photographer for not taking his/her art
>seriously but I'm sometimes less than serious (except when it comes
>to white flour).
>
>By the way, I think the image submission template suggests you
>include the URL to the full sized image.

RTFM strikes again. I've noticed that people whose business it is to
design forms and manuals (like me) tend not to read 'em.

One problem solved, and, by the way, Bob Talbot judging from his
archive of PF gallery submissions may indeed have a mind as strange
as my own.
--
Alan P. Hayes
Meaning and Form: Writing, Editing and Document Design