-----Original Message-----
From: Alan P. Hayes [mailto:ahayes@berkshire.rr.com]

Actually Greg is probably the shining star of Photoforum reviewers in
my estimation. His reviews are frequently insightful and often quite
helpful in seeing more deeply into my own pictures as well as those
of other posters. They are sometimes hysterically funny as well.
There are several that I positively treasure. He has a remarkable
talent for making fun without giving offense, IMO.

Personally almost any review is informative and to that extent
helpful, at least for me where I am in presenting my work. That
people don't see something about a picture that seems perfectly
obvious to you can be very useful information. In some ways it may be
harder to write a positive review that is as helpful.

As far as the 50k limit, it's true that a lot of good photographs can
survive that kind of reduction. But there are a lot of others that
lose out. Personal style can have something to do with this. There
are cogent reasons why that may be all the space available on the RIT
servers, but making larger versions available if one chooses seems
like something that might be worth a try. Anyone can do this right
now of course, and I intend to give it a try at least occasionally.
I'm just interested in getting an idea of people's attitudes toward
it, as well as announcing that I'm going to give it a try.

At 8:32 AM -0400 10/1/02, Gregory Fraser wrote:
> [...]

...APH snip...

--
Alan P. Hayes
Meaning and Form: Writing, Editing and Document Design