From: "Gregory Fraser" <Gregory.Fraser@pwgsc.gc.ca>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 7:32 AM
Subject: RE: Taking a look at the Gallery

> I recognize that perhaps most of my gallery reviews are either
insensitive, ignorant or on a really good day both. I generally look quite
hard at a photo to try and find something I can relate to and therefore make
a positive comment about but there are times when I just can't relate to the
image and quite often that is due to my ignorance. I just don't have the
artistic or photographic background that many of the list members possess. I
don't know 99% of the famous photographers mentioned on the list and I
always have to spend 30 minutes looking up references in Luis' posts. So
sure, sometimes people get offended when I say I don't understand or can't
relate to an image but hey, what else can I say? Other times I'm just in one
of those 'moods' where my brain shifts a bit in my head and nothing but
insensitivity spills out but of course that's a biological thing and I am
powerless to stop it.