Re: BEAVER ; Brief absence of staff at list HQ

> What format is the movie?
> Quicktime?
> .mov
That was the most "galling" part of all.
Having downloaded the 2 Mb attachment ... it won't even run on either
my home or business computers!!!!

> Sorry if I am cranky these days.
Don't be sorry - call it "character".

> As long time list members know there are 3 things that drive me
crazy.
3) people who ask the list how they should do the copywork assignment
that they have just accepted.
> (Is Velvia OK? On 35mm? How about digital?....aaarrrrrrgh!)
Hohohoh ... yup, the "I'm doing a wedding tomorrow, where can I buy a
camera?"

> Today, I accidentally posted something to the list. I don't know HOW
it
> happened but it did. I apologized. What more can I do?
There is not much really.
If RIT was at the forefront of Technology they would be using a mailer
that blocked attachments / over-sized messages at source.  I read
through listserv's help files and there is no way Andy (as list owner)
can tell it not to accept them.

Once the mail has gone, you can't take it back.
If it's a real accident - that's not inconsiderate - its negligent ;o)

> Sorry that I didn't like your flower pictures, Charles. I rarely do.
Well, personally I thought they were very average too ...

> If a list member has a specific issue that the list can
> help with, than I think posting the url to an image is perfectly
> legitimate.
A specific question about a specific problem is indeed another thing.
But it does seem like queue-jumping.  Andy takes the trouble to put up
12 images each and (almost) every week on behalf of the list members.
That's the quota ;o)

There was so much wrong with the flower shots it didn't warrant an
open reply:

Bob