Re: Official archives or what ?

> How does one go about getting a list not hosted by Yahoo archive it?  I
> happen to run another photography related mailing list.

Hi Dan,

I have not the foggiest idea. I think that PF was "transferd over" from another
outfit who was very proper and asked for permission to archive PF. Eventually
they were bought out by Yahoo. Since then communicating with them has been a
waste of time!!!! When their system goes down there is no way to get help from
them. In terms of updating list information forget it. They also seem to enable
people subscribing to the list _at Yahoo_ which eventually causes trouble when
those people try to post or manage mail options following welcome message. It
is ultimately a pain. BUT ... it is an option that I believe several PF member
rely on so I can't really complain ...

cheerio,
andy