Re: RESENT: scanner selection advice needed

I have HP photosmart S20i, a low budget (~ $400) negative and slide scanner
and I am satisfied with it for my amateur needs (it CAN NOT satisfy the need
of professional scanning). no experience with flat-bed scanners.
About your monitor query: you should try to buy/borrow/steal an instrument
called Photocal (or Optical) spider to correct your monitor's production of
colors and correctly reproduce monitor vision to printer.
achal

Achal Pashine
Pediatric Immunology
Center for Clinical Sciences Research, Room 2120
269 Campus Drive
Stanford, CA 94305-5164

Tel: 1-650-498-7574
FAX: 1-650-498-6077