Re: monitor white temperature adjustment

kostas papakotas <kostaspapakotas@hotmail.com> writes:

> well this is part 2 of my query on PC setup
>
> searching for a low budget monitor i stumbled to some that do offer
> what translated from the greek terminology is:
> "temperature adjustment of the white color"
>
> it seems important for a photgraphers monitor isn't it?
> and does that mean that you can adjust how white is the "white" on screen?

If you're judging color by eye from the screen, very much so.

I've seen it available in two levels.  In one, you can set the "white
balance" color temperature.  In the better level, you can individually
adjust the gain on each of the three electron guns.

To be really useful, you need to use this in conjunction with a
monitor profiling system that uses a hardware sensor to give you
feedback on what's really happening, like the colorvision monitor
spyder (www.colorvision.com).
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b@dd-b.net  /  http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net