Re: D100 help

At 07:43 AM 9/12/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>somehow I have managed to make the pictures blink in the
>white
> > areas..  only the white areas are blinking and they don't do this when in
> > the magnification mode.  somehow I got into he magnification mode and it
> > hasn't been right since.  all they spots that are white in the picture are
> > now blinking black!  the clouds, stones, anything white!

The camera has the ability to show blown out highlights.   Thats what the
blinking is.   When viewing a picture on the LCD, press the dPad right or
left a couple of times (up and down changes pictures, left-right changes
information shown, like EXIF info, histograms, etc.).   There are several
modes of displaying the pics on the LCD.  One is just plain, one is plane
with a frame number, the next is plain with the DSC number and a little
more info.  Next is the EXIF data, then the Histogram.  After that is
blinking highlights display.  As you left or right arrow through these
modes you see they basically cycle around.   Sadly, blinking highlights is
right beside plain and unless you have blown out highlights, you really
don't know which mode you are in.  I tend to leave my camera in the mode
where it shows just the frame number.

Hope this helps.
Rob

--