Re: digital fluorescent light ???

Chris <nimbo@ukonline.co.uk> writes:

> Is a full spectrum tube also known as a "North light"?  I asked for a
> special tube for my photo-room the man who fitted it said that it was 95% of
> the sun's light in colour.
>
> It is very blue compared with other (tungsten) lights in the home but it was
> not that much different in price from ordinary fluorescent tubes.

I don't know that brand name, but it's certainly going to be much
bluer than tungsten if it's anything like daylight.

> I had difficulty buying one because it can be used in a home studio and I
> was told that it had to be licensed (is this true in the UK?).  It is only
> used to view prints, I do not have a home studio.

The bulbs fit in any ordinary fluourescent fixture, so it seems
strange to make a law treating it specially.  There's no such law
around here (Minnesota, USA), and the bulbs are easily available at
retail outlets.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b@dd-b.net  /  New TMDA anti-spam in test
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net