Re: off topic without permission...

Sure, just make that figure the opening bid.  But you had better be
prepared to sell it for that price if you only get one bid.  That is the
way I do it as I find that reserve prices turn a lot of buyers off.  You
sometimes may submit three or four bids just to find they are still under
the reserve and the item won't sell for less than the reserve.  That
annoys me and others.

Dan Cardish wrote:

> Will eBay let you specify a minimum bid as opposed to a reserve?
>
> Dan C.
>
> At 05:02 PM 27-08-02 -0500, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
> >
> >Except that many people, like me, consider a hidden reserve as
> >essentially fraudulent, and won't deal with reserve auctions.  If I
> >*really* want to participate, I'll email and ask what the reserve is.
> >--

   Don Roberts * Bittersweet Productions * Iowa City, IA
  And the Devil whispered behind the leaves, "It's pretty,
  but is it Art?".   --  Rudyard Kipling