RE: Fraser New Gallery

Thanks Alan. Looking at the images again, I think I see what you mean. DOF is very broad with these shots and it now looks to me like they could be composite images. If only I was talented enough to do that kind of stuff.

With the exception of the bottom left image and the second one on the middle row, all the shots were taken at f16 or f11 on a 50mm lens (35mm camera). I bought the FP5+ to shoot performers a picnic that I thought might be partly shady. I rated it at ISO 1600 so that I could hand hold darker shots and still shoot bright sunlight with a red filter at f16 1/500 (the fastest shutter speed on my camera). It turned out the picnic grounds were partly shady but the performers all performed under a roof and it was just too dark to get the shots I wanted. The only shot I took that day was the upside down chair in the river shot that you saw in the gallery.

That's twice now that I've bought film specifically to shoot a certain subject and didn't take a single shot of the subject. That's another reason why I can't turn pro - I never shoot my intended subjects. Of course I never did my work in school either.

Greg Fraser