Re: photographer's block

Luis wrote:
>      1.- Pretend an asteroid is going to hit the planet and end all
>          life on earth, including yours. You have been selected as
>          one of a cadre of photographers whose work will be put on board
>          a space capsule and sent into deep space as part of our last
>          will and testament. You have four rolls, a weekend to do this,
>          and no excuses.

This was similar to what I was gonna suggest (remebering that there are all sorts of reasons for feeling blocked).

It's something I have been thinking of doing for 25 years ...

Document the place where you live as it is now, but in a documaentary way.   Record all the key aspects (good and bad) that make it what it is to YOU.  Before you even go out jot down everything you know about "Salonica" - all the highs and lows.  Key places for everyone and key places for you.  Think about how to portray them as a set (style: well composed or o"n the hoof"; all B%W, mixture etc).  Is it buildings or people too?

Then go out and do it.  Like Luis I would suggest trying to do the bulk on weekend but with a second session two weeks (?) later when you have the results.

The hard part is to see the place as you don't normally see it:  because our minds are great at not seeing things we know too well.

Record it with the eye of a newcomer but with the heart of someone who has always been there.

Bob

Freeserve AnyTime, only £13.99 per month with one month's FREE trial!
For more information visit http://www.freeserve.com/time/ or call free on 0800 970 8890