Re: photographer's block

At 09:08 PM 8/20/2002 +0300, you wrote:
>well i feel like i'm left in an oarless boat in the middle of a tranquile
>lake, these days....
>
>i guess you all had your moments of lack of inspiration combined with no
>great achievents (aka a writer's block), but mine seems to been going on for
>some months now...(much like my radio days go)
>
>furthermore it'm getting no further, concerning the quality of my photos, to
>the extend that teh 2 last concert sessions were, maybe, the worst these
>year.
>
>i wonder if i have reached the end of my abilities, or if it is a matter of
>equipment. A new camera with autobracketing and IR focusing beam would help,
>along with some f/2.8 auto focus lenses, but it is not always the materials
>that count.
>i even felt that technique can help you with equipment defficiencies, but
>now i wonder.
>
>so what do you think? what's the way out?
>
>tahnx , kostas

Kostas,

Random thoughts about getting out of a rut.

An art museum never fails to charge may art battery.

Always make the kind of pictures that you like to look at.

When doing assignments shoot what you know will get the job done first and
then do something wild or off-beat to get the ideas flowing.

I think new gadgets are for refining output not shaping it. Simplifying -
returning to basics may be helpful.

When you look at the life's work of notable photographers it is surprising
how few the number of memorable pictures remain of the thousands they shot.

Don't read photography or art magazines - at least until you are very
confident in your work again.

AZ

Maker of Lookaround panoramic camera.
http://www.panoramacamera.us