gallery impressions

Though I read and view as many submissions as possible, I have been rather
quiet as of late. I hope to find some more time, and perhaps submit a photo
or two. Remember all comments are my own HUMBLE opinion. I don't know art,
but I know what I like. I WILL submit something soon so that y'all might
pick on me in return.

Scot
 http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html
           Roderick Chen - flamingo:
A classic Flamingo pose. The "S" shape that the birds naturally pose is
great. For me the bird to the right with  it's head turned back  preening is
the more interesting, just slightly different than the standard. The
background in this shot is just a tad too cluttered for me to enjoy it
fully, my eye is drawn away from the subject.
           Janine C. Hanson - :
The light and composition on this shot are great. The overall sense is very
satisfying... soft light, soft petals, soft colors. After this shot and your
haunting self portrait I have to see your other work as soon as I done with
this review. Well done.
           jIMMY Harris - Neighbors?:
This wasn't done with the $29.00 digital! The shot is terrific, save for the
flash being just a tad too hot. I use a little mini bounce diffuser on my
flash that softens the light a little. Nice shot.
           D.L. Shipman - Series #3 Card #17 Tarpon Springs February 2002:
The color on this is fantastic. My eye, however is drawn to only the red and
green variegated leaf just right of center. I would like to see more of it
and closer.
           King/Arthur - Tense: the historical present: Nice feel. The
initial shot seems like a snap snot, but your treatment gives it a surreal
feel.
           Christopher Stevens - Shop in SOHO: Another example of how
Photoshop can take an average shot and turn it into something more
interesting.
         Greg Fraser - Summer Evening:I'm certain that I could recognize
your style anywhere Greg. You tend to isolate the geometry out of any
situation. This would be better for me without the table leg(?) in the upper
left. I like the high contrast.
          David Small - nine: Afro hair do's are very photogenic IMHO. They
say attitude and confidence to me. The nine I have problems with...I might
have better camera equipment if it wasn't for the 9west shoes my wife buys!
  Bruce Weitzman - : I'd like to see a little more of the work site behind
him, maybe a backhoe, or him holding a shovel, but the shot is interesting.
Very chiseled rugged look on this guy. The dis-embodied arm on the right is
distracting.
           Peeter Vissak - My favorite shot of the week. I like the color
and the action. The fill  flash is just enough to get the action stopped.
The flames are perfect. Nice shot.
           Richard Cooper - Greetings Stranger: Not sure what the intent of
this shot is. I don't know where to look. If the machine itself is the
subject, then the center is far too dark to appreciate.
           Kostas Papakotas - for sale, obscenity included: The snow on the
tree is great, however since I can't read the graffiti, the shot does not
work for me. Looks like a house for sale. Looks like a nice house though.

There is currently one (1) photograph enqueued awaiting future exhibition.
(Author: Mitchell) Contributions encouraged! Instructions for contributing
can
be obtained by following a link from the main gallery page given above. New
series of 5-6 images per author as well as new work by groups of students
also
encouraged!

The Self Portrait gallery will be up for at least a few more weeks.
Additions
welcome. There were about 400 visits paid to the main gallery last week.

Contributions to the ANONYMOUS exhibit currently number 14 photographs.
Photographers with or without style can contribute to this future exhibition
by
following the same procedure as for the "regular" gallery but making sure to
place the word ANONYMOUS in the Subject: line of the email containing their
image or image URL.

Thank you - Mara and the rest of the PF Exhibits Staff