Re: Gallery Impressions

Joesph wrote:

>John Mason- Love the red, yellow here, though it
>might be better if the material from the door all the

>way to the left were cropped out.

Thanks much.  Yes, I shot some without the door, but I
think it adds to the composition, especially in
prints, in which the word "Gentlemen" is quite
legible.

Bob wrote:

>Charlottesville
>Nice and simple.

>I like this for what it is.  Good use of colour and
>shapes.  Nothing that could be removed or added to
>make it better.

Thank you.

>Pictures like this work best as part of a series ...
>which I belive this one is.

Right.  It's a derelict automobile dealer's building
that became, among other things, a tire shop.  Vacant
now.  Don't now why it fascinates me, but it does.
I'm trying to put a portfolio together and shop it
around the local joints (coffee shops, etc.) that hang
things on their walls.

Gregory wrote:

>John Edwin Mason (Interior, TOADS on Main Street,
>Charlottesville) - Do you bring a crowbar with you on

>photo trips to gain access to sites?

You'd be surprised how many doors simply aren't
locked.  I've entered plenty of TOADS without
permission, but I've never gone beyond a locked door
or gate.  And I've never entered without a damned good
cover story.

>This is the type of scene that makes me wonder what
>the painter had in mind? The eye wash station seems
>to indicate some nasty chemicals were in use here....
>The red obviously is to cover up blood and the
>only place I can think of that would have lots of
>blood splatter and nasty chemicals is a Soilant Green

>factory.

Small towns have the darkest secrets.

Rest of your comments much appreciated.  Nice to think
that I'm making progress.

Best, John