RE: Light and filters question to ponder

A smartass with practically no photographic technical expertise asked:

Is a studnet a chat line for artificial inseminators?

Greg

P.S. I would imagine that if the light does not get through on the first try then it is either reflected or absorbed. If reflected, then its gone on to better things and if absorbed then it must be converted to another form of energy such as heat and dissipated thusly - hssssssss (but very, very quietly).