RE: Anybody home?

> Hey Alan do you also make lookaround enlargers?

Hi Greg,

I am not sure what lookaround _enlargers_ are but there are a few people
missing a few screws (meself included) who have made what I (of course) call
strip enlargers ... and strip cameras! BTW, I would say that Alan is also
among this elite (of course) minority! And come to think of it - so are you
but as far as I know you only have a _few_ missing links and have not yet
built a strip camera, eh?

Anyway, there have not been too many strip enlargers built in history. There is
a precision gadget made by Seitz and installed in a lab in Florida I believe.
But long before that the AMAteurs were at it. I built mine in the early 70's
and a good friend of mine who worked at Kodak built a real monster a while
later. Oh, Itek Corporation had built them for the military long ago also.
Maybe Chicago Aerial Industries and the Fairchild Corp and other military photo
equipment manufacturers did too. CAI became famous for the Sonne camera
(designed with - I think - based on Western Electric's photofinish camera idea -
and promoted by General Goddard) and this one produced strip film which I am
positive somebody at some time would want to have blown up ... oooops ...
enlarged.

I have a little description of my feeble attempts at:
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/text-strip-enlarger.html

cheerio,
andy