Re: Anonymous Exhibit Project - Did anyone get announcement?

At 10:21 AM 8/8/2002 +1200, Roland wrote:
>The best way of filtering out the PhotoForum messages is by the recipient,
>which is always photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu.

Lets look at the [photoforum] tag issue from various points of view.

1.   Someone uses a system that doesn't support filters and mailboxes, i.e AOL.
Having the [Photoforum] tag there doesn't hurt those with filters and those
without can easily pick out their messages from the spam.

2.   Someine uses a nice emailer like Eudora (hint hint.....) and filters
everything under the sun, has multiple mail boxes and is an Email power
user.    In my case, I filter on the "photoforum" address in ANY header and
route those messages to my Photoforum mail box.   I don't seem to need the
tag, but . . .  when I delete messages and they go to the Trash folder and
I want to go back and find them, they are now all mixed in with the other
300 mail messages I trashed today.   For all my other lists, sorting on
Subject groups all of the mailing lists together so I can find messages
from there quickly.   Photoforum's are sorted by the subject content and is
much harder to find in the sea of messages.

Since putting the [photoforum] tag in the subject line only has a minimal
impact in file size transmitted, and its something that Andy should be able
to have turned on without too much hassle, I say go for it.   No harm, lots
of benefits.  If you make use of it, great, if not, no big deal.

Thanks,
Rob
--
Rob Miracle