Re:Canon 80-200mm f4.5-5.6 USM????

Ok I know I'm no lens expert but, how the heck does a small aperture range
make a "better" lens? I mean let just point out the bad points here. the
smaller aperture means you need either longer exposures, or much faster
film. Also, every teacher I have ever asked about this has said that the
smaller the aperture is the lower the image quality. Now I can see how that
could just be a preference thing but, you can't change the physics of
having a small aperture and needing more light or faster film.

Also a lens with such a small range of apertures offer VERY little in the
way of creative abilities. (Blurring backgrounds and such)

At 07:00 PM 8/6/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>   Charles wrote ---
>
> >  I found a Canon EF 80-200mm f4.5-5.6 ULTRASONIC lens in great >shape
> (near  mint) in a used camera store and Iīīm tempeted to buy >it but I
> couldnīt find  any info about itīs quality around the web ..
>
>    It's quality is commensurate with its price. Bottom-end consumer
>grade lens. Stay at f/11-16 for maximum quality.
>                           --- Luis

Brian Blankenship
B & N Graphics
http://www.bngraphics.com