Re:AT 2003

Bobbie:
> Hi Karl,

Hi Bobbie

> 'going green' got a chuckle out od that one!
> The hiker has all needed power (his own batteries, etc.) worked out
> through his General Mail

that's a good idea!

> Delivery drops at post offices along the trail.
<clip>
> Still considering an older medium format, can't remember the
> manufacturer, I do not own one--any thoughts on this type of film camera Karl?
>
> Not a Diana, nor a Blad : )

How about a Ensign AutoRange (folding 645/66), the Ensign selfix 66/69 or a Moskva folding
66/69
like:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1366959275
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1366205161
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1365580828
(ebay page listings selected for information purposes only :)

These are just the few folding rangefinders that I personally know to be reliable, well
built, and cheap for a MF camera (there are many other brands/models) .  The optics are
extremely good, the controls are as manual as you could desire, the only limitation being
that you'll have to carry a light meter :-)

karl