Re[2]: Read the NY Times Article.....Was ...Do the....

For the paranoid and those annoyed by the NY times 'free registration'
use the generic login:
username: spamspam
password: spamspam

:)

Hello andrew,  Tuesday, July 09, 2002, 9:42:04 PM, you wrote:
>>In a message dated 7/9/02 5:41:08, afildes@netlink.com.au writes:
>>
>><< As I have no wish to register my personal details with the NY Times
>>
>>so that I can get bombarded with irrelevant offers and items of
>>
>>little interest from a foreign news organisation, I have no idea what
>>
>>the hell this is all about. >>
>>
>>Andrew,
>>
>>I've had a cookie from the NYT residing on my hard drive for many years
>>(since 1997) and have never received any spam or special offers from them.
>>Relax, everyone isn't out to get you.
>>Cheers,
>>Rich Mason

af> I'm not that paranoid even though I know for sure that......but it's
af> the first time I've been asked to register to read an article
af> on-line. I HAVE to suspect their motives.
af> AndrewF

--
Best regards,
 Victor                            mailto:vrem@swbell.net