Re: Gallery Impressions July 7, 2002

At 12:28 PM 7/8/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>D.L. Shipman - Lets see somebody beat this for slipping graphic nastiness
>into the gallery.

Hmmm... looks like one would have to get up pretty early in the morning to
slip any foul smut past the likes of you. Pity, that, because I had planned
a series on the brazen activities of some pesky fish. The very idea of what
they have got up to in some of our water supply reservoirs fair makes a
lad's tongue itch.

>It looks like compression has removed details from the
>plumage. I liked last week's image better.

Actually the wings look the way I wanted them. They originally were quite
blurred due to the vigorous movement of the birds in pursuit of their fowl
objective. I had no idea the birds would be starting to nest so early in
the year and was equipped only for  shots of shagged out gators while they
basked in the sun. No tripod, slow film, and low light are not ideal
conditions but an IS lens helped a bit and I am pleased with a new Minolta
Scan Dual II in that it is able to get well into the shadows for detail
with out producing digital noise.

Anyway... All future mating season bird images I submit to the Gallery will
be captured only while they pick their teeth.

Dave (or whoever)
East Englewood
"Sex is one of the most wholesome, beautiful and natural experiences that
money can
buy."   --  Steve Martin.