Thanks for Advice on Hare-brained Scheme

Roderick-
First of all, it's good to hear from you after that bear picture.
You're brave. I'm just foolhardy!

The rig with the solenoids looks encouraging. It hadn't occurred to
me that stereo photographers would be putting together similar set
ups. Actually Stereoautomotophotography could be a whole field in
itself!

Looking at these made me realize that I may have to work out a way to
get the cameras to prefocus. Of course with $25 digicams focus may
not even be an issue. I'm hoping these cameras will be so
unsophisticated that they make everything simple.

>>  Something pneumatic for shutter actuation might be good. This or an
>>  electronic solution would also make mounting the cameras outside of
>>  the cab more practical. Shutter lag is also an issue. Things happen
>>  fast in this field of photography.
>
>Hi Alan,
>
>This site might be useful. It shows only two cameras but perhaps you can
>expand the system to accommodate 4 cameras.
>
>http://home.mira.net/~kiewavly/pentax_rig.html
>

>Here are some examples of mounting hardware.
>
>http://www.berezin.com/3d/twinbar.htm
>http://www.rmm3d.com/3d.encyclopedia/slidebar/slidebar.html
>http://www.rmm3d.com/3d.encyclopedia/twin.camera/norman-rebel/rebelpics.html
>
>I hope this helps,
>
>Regards,
>
>Roderick

Andrew-

Do any of these have power film advance?
I'm going with cheap digicams for this hare-brained scheme, which is
for taking panoramas from a moving automobilerather than stereos. One
of the advantages is not having any film to advance. Your info could
be useful if I decide to go to film at some point,  and I thank you
for it.

--
Alan P. Hayes
Meaning and Form: Writing, Editing and Document Design