RE: taking pics of a festival

kostas,
  When I first started doing candid photography, I was also hesitant.  I
didn't want to intrude in people's lives.  After all, they are always total
strangers.  All I can tell you is that most folks are quite complimented
that you would want to take their picture.  Shoot first, then introduce
yourself, get their names, talk about the festival.  Out of the thousands of
folks I've taken pictures of, only two ever asked that the picture not be
published.  One was standing next to a political office seeker that the
person did not support.  The other person was a journalist and wanted to
stay out of the news due to her profession.  Lose any shyness and get the
shots.
  BTW, no one gets all the shots.  Brag about the shots you got, and don't
fret the ones that got away.
Dave

kostas papakotas wrote:
> well, it is less than a week for the opening of a 3 day dance
> (techno-trip-rave) music festival that is co-organized by the
> radio station i chip in a few hours a week.

snip.