Gallery Impressions for 17 July 2002 (accidental part 2)

Here are my bitter, ignored again on fathers day impressions of the images
as seen at http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html

Darn it! Hit the 'send' button on email instead of the 'back' button on
browser so here's the rest of my review.

Achal Pashine (Evening) - Perfect, perfect camera angle. The placement of
the palm tree in relation to the streaks in the sky is perfect. The little
roll of purple mountains atop the black foreground is lovely. Beautiful,
simple 'Hotel California' shot.

Greg Fraser (Deck Weed) - Well I liked the way the edges of the leaves
formed an inverted, anti-leaf. I was also drawn to the texture and the faint
images in the shadows. Nice job.

Alan P. Hayes (Rainy Route 23) - Alan I'm waiting to see the shot with the
shattered windshield or the view out the back of the ambulance you thrill
seeker you. Or the one with the trees going sidways in front of the
windshield. I see the center line is slightly blurred but I don't think you
were really pushing the limits of your tires' adhesion here. You've gotta
shift out of first and show us something spectacular. How about a shot of
nothing but pavement in front of the windshield. Do you own a copy of the
movie 'Crash'? Seriously though I think this would be a bit more intersting
(at least to right side of the road drivers) if you drove on the left hand
side of the road so that the lines were at greater angles. Watch out though.
They fined that guy that sold videos of his ferrari doing 180 mph on the
interstate.

Jeff Spirer (Curves and Shadows) - Long time no submit eh? I am really into
graininess now and soft edges and this image is spectacular. The soft edges,
round forms and the sense of motion all work their magic on me. The shapes
all work perfectly togethether with the darker toned, yet smaller shapes
balanced by the larger mid toned caboose and the singular light toned arm.
Harmony. Ommmm. Lovely.

Thanks to all the submitters and any future reviewers.

Greg Fraser
http://www.geocities.com/fraserg1962