Re: copyright?

In a message dated 6/16/02 5:34:09 PM EST, azinn@netbox.com writes:

> I wanted to
>  hear that a simple claim of ownership would give protection instead of
>  having to create a fine print contract.

Situation 1) Simple ownership doesn't give any protection. If I sell a
picture to someone I still own the copyright.
Situation 2) Simple ownership of something that doesn't have a copyright
gives you the right to sell an image of the item. But there are no legal
restraints from anyone lifting a copy from that image without a contract or
the publisher copyrighting the whole magazineetc..