Re: copyright?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Schwartz

> .......contrary to what someone else said
> earlier in this thread, putting pictures on the Internet or
> the World Wide Web does not mean that you give up your
> copyright. Publishing it on the Web or the Net is no
> different legally than publishing it in a magazine.
>
> ---
> Bob Schwartz (a lawyer)

Bob, what I meant is that "de facto", once your pictures are on the web,
you lose control over them.  There is a lot of piracy taking place on
the internet and it is really impossible to prevent theft from
happening.

I recently discovered a whole bunch of pictures from my wife Gisèle
hiding in someone's subdirectory.  She had had the guy's web site closed
down by the host last fall for theft of intellectual property, but I
guess he just did not get the message.  ...-:(

Unfortunately, we just don't have the revenues to justify the cost of a
lawyer to sue the guy.  And this is probably the case for a lot of us on
this list!  So we just have to let it happen.
<grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......>

Rand, you text was absolutely superb!

Best wishes and happy shootin',

Guy