RE: Virus in image files ?

As a principal engineer for Symantec Corp. I can guarantee there is no one
employed at Symantec who is "paid" in that sense to "keep profits
flowing...". I am not offended by such a comment, but what it alludes to is,
however, untrue.

The jpeg format can contain any type of data but would require some other
way for it to be "run" as a virus. A secondary virus could cause such code
to be activated but is, at this time, unlikely.

The best defense is to keep your anti-virus up-to-date.

Sincerely,

Robert G. Hall
Robert Hall Photography
http://www.RobertHallPhotography.com