Re: Virus in image files ?

Well, the way is was explained to me is: the image files require use of RAM to store values as they
are uncompressed.  Intel XXXX86 binary instruction set values can be stored in 2X2 up to 6X6 pixel
values and specifically directed by embedded decoding to memory locations where the so-called virus
is assembled.  The decoding virus can be embedded in a web image as a seried of 1X1 GIFs.  I suggest
you check out BUGNOSIS--they have a web site that explains the GIF bug.

And I admit it's possible that McAfee and Symantec have a few well paid black chamber developers
just to keep the profits flowing....

Bill