Re: copyright?

At 09:46 AM 6/14/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>From: "Alan Zinn"
>
>> I'd like to have some control over their use if
>> possible. I'd like to show them to PF folks without expecting them to
>be
>> sucked into WWW public domain.
>
>Alan,
>You should know better...!  -:))
>Anything that one puts on WWW becomes public domain,
>whether ones likes it or not...  <grrrrrrrrrrrrr...>
>
>I've got quite a few "found" pictures also, coming from a 20lbs lot
>which I bought on eBay some three years ago.  There was a mixture of
>things, some good, some bad, from a variety of sources.
>
>The best was a picture of Stalin, Truman and Attlee with their advisors
>at the Postdam conference.  I'm not sure who did it and whether I can
>sell it (do I own the copyright after almost 60 years?).  Included in
>that group was also a series of pictures at the Roosevelt funerals, a
>rather nice picture of Lord Mountbatten with Bevin and someone who might
>be Sergo Beria.  There was also a great picture of a scientific with a
>lot of mathematicl formulae on a blackboard in the back who'se name I
>still have not been able to determine.  All by the same photographer,
>obviously an american photojournalist.
>I'm still wondering where I can unload these at a fair price...  -:))
>
>I've also got a few wonderful pictures coming from old unprocessed films
>in various ancient cameras I bought, including a very faint picture of a
>TV screen showing Neil Armstrong walking on the moon, coming from a
>Russian camera...  What interesting speculations can be made on this and
>the other cameras (and their owners) as to why the films were never
>completed and processed.
>
>Someday, if I ever find the time, I'll try to do something with all
>these pictures.
>
>Best,
>
>Guy

Guy,

Sounds like a facinating collection.  I just stumbled on to an autographed 8
x 10 of Alben Barkley.  Only real political wonks will know who he was -  no
peeking on Google! There's probably an Albin Barkley web site - I'm afraid
to look.

I'm reminded of your latent image project where you were collecting
un-processed film.  What became of that?

AZ
Maker of Lookaround panoramic camera.
http://www.panoramacamera.us
         or