mylar and gallery

Hi everyone,

I have been using Mylar D clear film to help protect my books. Recently I
found a library supplier who sells clear polyester film. Does anyone know if
the polyester film offers the same archival qualities of the Mylar D?

Also, in my quest for photography books I came across this site. I have not
had the time to view all the photographer's galleries, but I was impressed
with the work of Micheal Crouser, Frank Ward and Hiroshi Watanabe.

http://www.photoeye.com/Gallery/PhotoShowcase/homepagePSNew.cfm

Thanks,

Roderick