Re: TDK paper and the Canon S800

At 11:55 PM 5/18/2002 +0800, you wrote:
>just thought I'd share a few things with the list.
>
>Some time back I bought a Canon S800 photo printer sight unseen based on a
>few rave reviews by former Epson fans.  I paid the $$ online and received
>the printer a number of days later, held my breath, and fed in the first
>sheet -  I was delighted with the output and have remained so to this day*.
>Although only A4 output the quality is superb..  and then I discovered
>anther benefit.  I had one head alignment issue so rather than discarding
>the print (and given that I am a compulsive fiddler) I dropped it in a
>bucket of water for ten minutes to find after retrieving it that there was
>NO ink run.  Another test later down the track after 1 hour showed visible
>bleeding, but hey, that was after an HOUR!
>

>Both these results were with the Epson matte and gloss papers, the canon I
>never tried as I never bought any paper beyond the free samples which looked
>much warmer in the original prints than the Epson and with a noticibly
>softer surface which scratched easily.. which leads me to the next
>observation - a shop nearby was offering TDK paper cheap and I bought a pack
>only to find that the ink flocculated heavily on the surface forming
>mottling - I also dunked a sheet of this only to find that the surface
>lifted and the ink bled freely.
>
>I don't recommend the TDK paper
>

>that's all folks
>

>karl
>(*thanks Colette for the 'mercy Ink supply'  :-)

Karl,

Flocculated??????  Oh boy, a new f word!

How is the Canon with b/w images?  Guys on the digital b/w list are itching
to find a Canon b/w quad-black system and a reliable rgb monochrome system
that doesn't have bad metamerism.

AZ

Maker of Lookaround panoramic camera.
http://www.panoramacamera.us