Re: The Wyndham Montreal Pinhole Camera Project

----- Original Message -----
From: "*- CHILLED DELIRIUM-*"

>       Congratulations to Guy and his collaborators on this
>   amazing photograph ! It has the aura of a late 1800's cyclorama,
>   and embodies echoes of Nicephore Niepce's "View from his window at
>   Gras", one of the earliest photographs ever made. Like Niepce's,
>   it is a view from a window, of other buildings, using a camera
>   obscura, and a long exposure (Niepce's was 8+ hrs).

Whaooo!  I never had that in mind when I initiated the project.  -:))
But one rises high ONLY because one dares to stand on the shoulders of
those whose vision one admires!

>   I do not consider events like this a stunt. They push back the
horizon,
>   effectively creating fertile, new conceptual ground for exploration.
>   [I like to think of things like this as a "dream engine".]

I think that this is the right word: "dreaming".  Anybody seen Werner
Herzog's "Fitzcaraldo" with Klaus Kinski?  Now here IS a real dreamer
(and he does get his opera in the jungle, in the end...)!
What would life be if one did not reach out to one's own most impossible
dreams?

>   Hopefully, the team will find sponsorship for this work to be seen
>   and furnish inspiration and wonder to countless viewers.
>
>                 --- Luis
>
> Ps.  For those interested in this type of image, I urge you to search
for
>    Abelardo Morrel's (sp ?) work on the web. It has some
methodological
>    similarities, yet is very different.

What little I did find has really clicked something with me, Luis.
http://www.bu.edu/prc/anx.org/
This work is absolutely terrific!
I really have to find more!  Has he published books?